Tuesday, March 3, 2020

God's Boxes

God's Boxes


I have in my hands two boxes,
Which God gave me to hold.
He said, 'Put all your sorrows in the black box,
And all your joys in the gold.'

Description: mailbox:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Frances/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/cmq90v0t.default/Mail/pop.mail.yahoo.com/Inbox?number=577782986&part=1.5&filename=mime-attachment.gifDescription: mailbox:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Frances/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/cmq90v0t.default/Mail/pop.mail.yahoo.com/Inbox?number=577782986&part=1.6&filename=mime-attachment.gif
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,
Both my joys and sorrows I stored,
But though the gold became heavier each day,
The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
'I wonder where my sorrows could be!'
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
'My child, they're all here with me..'

No comments:

Post a Comment